ENTRANCE PORCH: 2.10m x 1.98m
Double, glass-panelled doors open to a large
entrance porch radiator and carpeted floor.
RECEPTION HALL: 4.85m x 1.74m
A solid wooden door opens from the porch into a
welcoming and imposing reception area with
carpeted floors. Doors lead to the sitting room and
kitchen and a corridor leads off to the ground floor
SITTING ROOM: 8.14m x 4.23m
Opening directly from the hall, this is a magnificent
room both in size and decorative finish. Arranged
around a solid marble fireplace with tiled cast-iron
insert and full-height overmantle mirror are a very
large bay window to the front and stained glass
double doors leading to the dining room. Built-in
display cabinets and cupboard are located to either
side of the fireplace. There is decorative coving all
round, two crystal light fittings and carpeted floor.
LIVING ROOM: 6.61m x 6.03m
A second magnificent reception room with double
glass doors to both the kitchen and dining room and
patio doors to the rear garden. Lavish window
treatments throughout, 5 Velux windows, 6 large
recessed lights, 2 light fittings and carpeted floor.
KITCHEN: 6.55m x 5.41m
A very large and superbly equipped kitchen lit with
3 daylight tunnel lights and 2 light fittings. All
modern appliances, oak units, tiled splashbacks and
marble surfaces. Tiled floor.
DINING ROOM: 8.95m x 4.77m
A breathtaking room flooded with light from a wall
of windows to the end, patio doors to the side and
7 Velux windows enhanced with massive mirrors
and white polished porcelain floors. A white marble fireplace, coving and window treatments.
BEDROOM 1: 6.65m x 4.61m
A ground floor bedroom leading from the living room
with two overhead light fittings on ceiling roses,
built-in wardrobes and lockers with bed canopy and
patio doors to the side. Window treatments and carpet.
ENSUITE: 2.43m x 1.48m
White W.C., wash basin and shower cubicle. Fully-
tiled walls, side window, tiled floor.
BEDROOM NO. 2: 3.85m x 3.85m
Ground floor double bedroom with fitted wardrobes
and canopy around bed. Wallpaper and carpet.
ENSUITE: 2.31m x 1.51m
White W.C., wash basin and shower cubicle. Tiled
walls and floor, curtains and carpeted floor.
BEDROOM NO. 3: 6.91m x 5.40m
A ground floor double bedroom with mahogany-effect
built-in wardrobes and canopy. Carpeted floor.
ENSUITE: 1.83m x 1.75m
White W.C., wash basin and shower cubicle. Carpet.
STUDY: 3.68m x 3.46m
A ground floor office with decorative
coving, no windows carpeted floor.
BEDROOM 4: 8.28m x 7.04m
A very large first floor bedroom with fitted wardrobes,
four light fittings and patio doors leading to
wrought-iron balcony. Carpeted floor.
ENSUITE: 4.69m x 3.34m
Fully tiled with carpeted floor.
BATHROOM: 5.54m x 2.72m
A truly magnificent bathroom with bath, shower
cubicle and wash basin set into marble topped vanity
unit. Tiled floor-to-ceiling with chequerboard floor.
BEDROOM 5: 7.12m x 6.78m (First floor)
Undoubtedly the master bedroom with a stunning
triangular window enjoying a panoramic view of the local countryside. 4 light fittings, carpeted floor.
ENSUITE: 4.50m x 2.23m
Fully tiled with oversize Jacuzzi-type pumped bath, 2 Velux windows and carpeted floor.
The residence occupies a large site and is surrounded by carefully cultivated gardens.
To the road is an 8ft. high stone wall that completely obscures the house from outside and ensures total privacy. An electric sliding gate opens to a drive that allows vehicular access.
The front garden is mostly lawned with mature shrubs and high hedging to the side. Wooden gates provide access to the rear garden and a single car garage. The rear garden starts with a full width paved patio accessed from several sets of patio doors in the main residence. Wide pink coloured steps lead up the garden proper.
To one side is an excellent summer house with all-round windows and a tiled floor. In the centre of the garden is a raised, walled pool with central fountain. Crazy paving pathways lead around the wall and across lawns to the rear of the property.
High hedges and mature trees surround the garden, again ensuring total privacy.
Attached to one side of the house by a short wall is a further outhouse that runs the with of the house.
This is detached from the house and houses the boiler house at the rear and offers additional storage space and a general purpose studio or workshop.
The gardens have been beautifully maintained and are in excellent condition.
- A unique and spacious family residence in the countryside of County Mayo with fantastic views to the front and side.
- A short drive to Newport and an extra 20 minutes to Westport or Achill Island.
- Generous accommodation throughout with over 5,000 sq.ft. of living space.
- Three magnificent reception rooms featuring top quality carpets, marble fireplaces, ceiling coving and ceiling roses around lights.
- Four ground floor bedrooms with large ensuite shower rooms
- Two first floor bedrooms – one with patio doors leading to a balcony and the other featuring a giant triangular window with views to the front.
- First class window treatments to every room.
- Crystal light fittings to many rooms including four in each of the two first floor bedrooms.
- Lawned front garden with mature shrubs sets the property back from the road.
- Excellent rear gardens featuring a large outhouse, single-car garage, beautiful summer house and walled pool with fountain.
- High stone wall conceals the house from the road.
- Oil-fired central heating and double-glazing throughout.
- Paved patio to the rear with doors leading from the dining room and living room
- Good-sized lawned gardens to front and rear.
- Including all light fittings, curtains, appliances and fittings with some furniture available separately.