Currabaggan, Knockmore, Ballina, Co. Mayo
Currabaggan, Knockmore, Ballina, Co. Mayo
We are delighted to bring to the market this large beautiful family residence measuring 3003ft/sq, on a one acre site, fully landscaped with lawns and a large patio.
Located on the Lough Conn drive, next to Currabaggan National School. The property has views over the surrounding country side in a tranquil setting. Accommodation includes four large bedrooms, three ensuite shower rooms, family bathroom, ground floor shower room, kitchen-dining room, living kitchen, utility, boot room and first floor living room with balcony.
The property is circa 10min drive from Ballina or Foxford, 5 min from the River Moy & its world renound fishing & 5 min from Lough Conn for walks, fishing swimming & watersports.
• A very well-built and maintained modern house located on a one acre site in a quiet semi-rural area.
• Just seven years old and carefully looked after, this property is in ‘as new' condition.
• Ballina and Foxford are both only a 10 minute drive away.
• A very short walk to Currabaggan National School with good secondary schools available in Ballina & Foxford.
• Knockmore Church and GAA pitch and bar are just a mile away and there is local fishing and a sandy beach for children half a mile away on Lough Conn.
• Four large bedrooms, three with ensuite shower rooms.
• A beautiful kitchen with all appliances integrated and open plan with a spacious sitting room.
• Three zone oil fired central heating augmented by a back boiler to the stove and Argon Shield double glazed windows. Four camera CCTV prewired for a full alarm.
• Cavity wall insulation provides excellent insulation. All cherry wood internal doors.
• Distinctive ‘upside-down house' design with the main living room on the first floor.
• Large balcony to the living room benefits from the panoramic views all around the property.
• Stone wall along the front boundary with double metal gates opening to a gravelled drive with off-road parking for multiple vehicles.
• Fully landscaped site with extensive lawns, large patio and wooden fencing.
• A perfect family location – quiet and safe but with easy access to modern amenities.
- A very well-built and maintained modern house located on a one acre site in a quiet semi-rural area
- Just seven years old and carefully looked after this property is in ‘as new` condition.
- Ballina and Foxford are both only a 10 minute drive away.
- A very short walk to Currabaggan National School with good secondary schools available in Ballina
- Knockmore Church and GAA pitch and bar are just a mile away .
- There is local fishing and a sandy beach for children half a mile away in Lough Conn.
- 4 large bedrooms 3 ensuites/shower room. Kitchen with all appliances and open plan sitting room.
- Three zone oil fired central heating augmented by a back boiler to the stove.
- Distinctive ‘upside-down house` design with the main living room on the first floor
- Cavity wall insulation provides excellent insulation
Front porch - 1.68m (5'6") x 1.46m (4'9")
The entrance to the property is via a front porch that stands proud of the house and has its own pitched roof. A door with windows to both sides and an external light overhead, faces the front. Inside are two recessed lights and a polished porcelain tiled floor.
Main hallway - 4.77m (15'8") x 8m (26'3")
The front porch opens through a solid oak door set into a large, very bright and welcoming reception hall. An ornate oak staircase with white balusters and oak handrails leads to the upper floor with storage cupboards beneath. In addition to natural light there are two wall lights and an overhead light fitting. Polished porcelain tiled floor.
Kitchen/Dining - 6.86m (22'6") x 5.87m (19'3")
One of the principal features of this property is a magnificent dream kitchen. It has a wide range of top-quality floor and wall mounted units with tiled splashbacks to all surfaces. In addition there is a central island with further storage space and kitchen surface. All the appliances are beautifully integrated and include a double width Belling gas/electric cooker, extractor, microwave, oven/grill, dishwasher, fridge/freezer ad stainless steel sink and drainer. Large windows wrap around one corner with an additional side window and French windows opening onto the patio. The ceiling is covered with recessed halogen lights and illumination is also provided from surface light and footplate lights. At one end is a large open space with room for a full family table and chairs with overhead light fitting. One door leads to a utility and another to the hallway. Ceramic-tiled floors throughout.
Living kitchen - 5.87m (19'3") x 4.82m (15'10")
Open plan with the kitchen is a large sitting room arranged around a full-height Lacken stone fireplace with a solid-fuel stove and back boiler that heats both the water and the central heating radiators. A side window overlooks the garden and views beyond. Semi-solid timber floors.
Utility - 2.97m (9'9") x 1.67m (5'6")
This very useful utility room leads directly from the kitchen and is fitted with a full range of units that match those in the kitchen together with the tiled splashbacks. Full plumbing for a washing machine and tumble drier is provided and a side window provides natural light. Tiled floor.
Boot room - 2.6m (8'6") x 2.17m (7'1")
A door from the utility leads into a simple corrugated acrylic sheet lean-to with a concrete floor that serves as a very useful boot room for entry from the garden, with wood storage.
Shower room - 2.34m (7'8") x 1.97m (6'6")
A ground floor shower room with W.C. wash basin and wet-room type shower cubicle fitted with a power shower. Heated towel rail, rear-facing window, tiled floor to ceiling and tiled floor.
Living room - 7.47m (24'6") x 6m (19'8")
The main living room is located on the first floor where it enjoys the best of the views across the beautiful Mayo countryside with Mount Nephin in the distance. This is a very special room that features a full bar in one corner, a magnificent white marble fireplace and overmantle, French windows leading to a spacious balcony with astro-turf floor. In one corner is a retractable cinema screen serving a ceiling mounted projector capable of displaying a wide range of film sources including digital photographs, Netflix etc. with surround sound system. Light is provided by wall lamps and ceiling spotlights and the floors are polished oak.
Bedroom 1 - 3.76m (12'4") x 3.59m (11'9")
A large double bedroom located on the ground floor with rear-facing double window with pole-hung curtains overlooking garden. Complete with ensuite shower room and semi-solid oak floor.
Ensuite Shower Room: 2.34m x 1.08m
White W.C., wash basin and shower cubicle with power shower. Half-tiled walls and chequerboard tiled floor.
Bedroom 2 - 3.77m (12'4") x 3.58m (11'9")
A large double bedroom located on the ground floor with front-facing double window with pole-hung curtains the front garden. Semi-solid oak floor.
Ensuite Shower Room: 2.41m x 1.07m
White W.C., wash basin and fully-tiled shower cubicle with power shower. Half tiled walls with tiled floor.
Bedroom 3 - 3.8m (12'6") x 2.55m (8'4")
A large single bedroom on the first floor with windows to the rear with pole-hung curtains and semi-solid oak floor.
Bedroom 4 - 4.39m (14'5") x 3.95m (13'0")
The master double bedroom on the first floor with a small window to the side and a large window to the front, both fitted with pole-hung curtains. Semi-solid oak floor.
Ensuite Shower Room: 2.13m x 1.93m
White W.C., wash basin mounted in black vanity unit and tiled shower cubicle with electric shower. Half-tiled walls with rear-facing window and tiled floor.
Walk-in Wardrobe - 3.17m (10'5") x 1.87m (6'2")
An excellent walk-in wardrobe fully fitted with shelves and railing. Carpeted floor.
Family bathroom - 3.17m (10'5") x 2.17m (7'1")
A very spacious, bright modern bathroom located on the first floor with W.C., bidet, wash basin, corner 2 person jacuzzi bath and corner steam cabnit & shower with advanced shower control panel. Half-tiled walls, tiled floor, heated towel rail and two front-facing windows fitted with Venetian blinds
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.